A tooth that is broken or worn down detracts from your smile, but it can be restored. At Hillsdale Dental Care, we use porcelain crowns to beautifully restore damaged teeth so that they perfectly blend in with your natural teeth.
What Is a Porcelain Crown?
A crown is commonly referred to as a "cap." A crown completely covers a damaged tooth, from the gumline to the top biting surface. Originally, crowns were only made made with a metal foundation to give strength to the porcelain to prevent it from breaking. But when crowns have a metal foundation, eventually the metal shows through as a dark line at your gumline. Today, durable, metal-free porcelain crowns are available.
Porcelain can be sculpted to look like natural teeth. The color of porcelain can be manipulated to match the color and translucency of your natural teeth. The photos below show how a porcelain crown transformed a lateral incisor (second tooth on the right) that was too small. The size, color, and translucency of the crown perfectly blend in with the patient’s natural teeth.
Advantages of All-Porcelain Crowns
- They are strong and durable.
- Light can pass through them, so they match the color and translucency of your natural teeth.
- Unlike crowns that are fused to metal, they won’t cause a black line to develop at your gumline.
- You won’t experience sensitivity to heat and cold, as with crowns that have a metal foundation.
Porcelain Crowns from Cosmetic Dentists
To get durable, truly beautiful crowns that look completely natural requires the skill of an artistic cosmetic dentist who knows advanced bonding techniques. The dentists at Hillsdale Dental Care are cosmetic dentists who regularly participate in training to learning the techniques required to give you a beautiful crown. Before the final product is made, we use temporary crowns and alter the design until it perfectly matches your natural teeth.
We consistently give our patients positive experiences in receiving a porcelain crown. Consider the comments from two of our patients:
- "The replacement of my crown went very smooth. Everything was explained, and it was completed with a minimum of discomfort." – Bruce H.
- "No pain! I received my first crown, and I absolutely felt nothing." – Cheryl R.
Porcelain Crowns Complimentary Consultation
If you are interested in having your tooth beautifully restored, contact us to request a complimentary consultation. You will be able meet our staff, ask a few questions, and discuss your options. When you’re ready to receive your crown, you can schedule an appointment for an exam.