Lumineers® are a brand of porcelain veneers that are made by the DenMat Corporation. At Hillsdale Dental Care, we are very familiar with this brand, but we prefer other brands, and we get beautiful results with them. We’ve used Lumineers in the past, and there are several things about this brand that you should consider.
Lumineers—Some Things to Consider
- They are marketed as ultra-thin, strong porcelain veneers. There are other brands that are equally as thin (0.33 mm).
- Although they are marketed as being very strong, we’ve had occasions where this brand broke, while other quality brands are durable.
- In our previous use of this brand, we found that the color of the veneers didn’t resemble natural teeth. This brand often looks pasty, especially for patients who get veneers to conceal tetracycline stains on their teeth.
- Although the brand is advertised as requiring little or no preparation of your natural teeth before they are placed, when we placed them without preparation, they made our patients’ teeth look bulky.
- We’re not alone in our findings. Many cosmetic dentists criticize the laboratory for making veneers that look pasty, bulky, and are not aesthetically pleasing.
Lumineers – Alternatives
Although we prefer other brands than Lumineers, when you receive porcelain veneers from us, the end result will be stunning. Your new smile will be personalized. You choose the shape, color, and length of your teeth. The color and translucency of your veneers will look completely natural. People will think they are your natural teeth.
Instead of a large laboratory that produces unpredictable results, we work with a master ceramist to ensure that you receive quality, customized veneers that you will love. Read about our beautiful smile guarantee.
Questions about Lumineers?
If you have questions about Lumineers and the results you can expect with the brands we use, contact us to schedule a complimentary consultation. We will answer your questions and explain your options. When you are ready, schedule an appointment for an exam. Call us or request an appointment online.